Announcing the Virtual “Train the Trainer” Session for the .5 CEU Course on North Carolina Foundations for Early Learning & Development
Date: April 6, 2022
Time: 9:00am-12:00pm & 1:30pm-4:00pm
Zoom Login information will be sent prior to the training event.
The North Carolina Child Care Resource and Referral Council is inviting CCR&R early care and education technical assistance (TA) and professional development (PD) practitioners to attend the “Train the Trainers” course necessary to be authorized to deliver the .5 CEU course on the North Carolina Foundations for Early Learning and Development.
“Train the Trainer” participants will receive training on the content of North Carolina Foundations for Early Learning and Development. Course instruction will be led by Dedee Ephraim, M.A., M.Ed., CCR&R Council’s Statewide Technical Assistance & Professional Development Specialist, Child Care Resources Inc.
The “Train the Trainers” course will provide ECE Professional Development practitioners with the information and materials needed to deliver the .5 CEU course, in a face-to-face or virtual format. By the end of the session, participants will understand course format, content and supporting activities.
The .5 CEU course will enable participants to:
- Define what a learning standard is and why we have and use learning standards.
- Identify North Carolina’s Early Learning and Development Standards by name, explain the structure by which the standards are organized, and identify for what age groups they are written.
- Demonstrate how ELDS reflect what is known about child development.
- Explain that goals for any age level describe expectations that many children will reach toward the end of their respective age level.
- Create scenarios that reflect how standards are embedded in everyday practice.
- Describe how ELDS can be used for differentiation and individualization, and to help children with cultural, linguistic, and ability diversity.
- Explain how ELDS are aligned to the NC Standard Course of Study but do not require teachers of younger children to teach those standards.
- Create a plan for communicating with parents and other stakeholders about how ELDS reflect appropriate expectations for young children.
Expectations for Participants of the Train the Trainer:
- Register for and attend the entire “Train-the-Trainer” course.
- Hold NC Early Educator Certification at Level 11 *
- Have their Professional Development Endorsement (PDE) or have the qualifications to become endorsed and be working toward getting the PDE no later than June 30, 2022.*
- Work with the Lead CCR&R Agency to insure that the North Carolina Foundations for Early Learning and Development .5 CEU course is offered at least four times annually within region.
- Share requested attendance data with Regional Lead CCR&R agency.
- Assure that the North Carolina Foundations for Early Learning and Development .5 CEU course is delivered by an IACET-approved agency, local education authority (LEA) or a NC institute of higher education.
*If you do not have access to these documents, please call Dedee at 704-376-6697 x195 to make arrangements.